Friday, May 29, 2015

Need a Really Good Book to Read?

   Last year I told you how awesome I thought this book was ---
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry
Well, author Rachel Joyce has written another absolutely wonderful book --- 
The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy
I highly recommend you run to your local library and get both of them.  Read Harold Fry first.  I don't think one would call The Love Song of... a sequel but more like a companion book, but then what do I know.  They are both wonderful stories, his story and her story. 
 
 It is possible you might want to pick up a box of Puffs as well. 
 
If you need further prodding just go to amazon.com and read the professional blurbs about both books.  If you have read them please share what you thought about them.  I am only on page 161 of the Love Song of... but I plan to finish it tonight. 

6 comments:

  1. I read Harold's storyand enjoyed it. I'll have to put Queenie's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just casting about for a good read so thank you for these suggestions.
    I like the fresh new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn I had the book on my Kindle but evidently not. Don't know why I didn't get it before but I will correct that now. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to have you back in blog land! I like the new look to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to see your reading list for while you were off line. So glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check my new post... I included a link to my Goodreads list.

      Delete