Sunday, October 20, 2013

Today I Cooked ~~~~ Crock Pot CocaCola Barbecue Chicken


I saw this recipe on Pinterest this week so I thought I would try it.  The recipe is right there in the photograph --- 5 ingredients --- but at the end of this post will be the link if you want to read the recipe from Six Sisters Stuff. I put salt and pepper on my chicken just because I can't imagine not salt & peppering chicken. :) I am assuming you just discard that lemon when it is done.    It is in my crock pot right now and it smells ... good.  Ok, it smells a little weird --- Coke, lemon, BBQ sauce and onion --- but I am thinking positive! Tomorrow my two daughters are coming to make apple bread, pumpkin bread, and banana bread with me so I will  make potato salad, baked beans, and dinner rolls to serve with the BBQ chicken for our lunch. I will let you know what we think of the BBQ chicken tomorrow.  :)  I make my potato salad using leftover mashed potatoes, boiled eggs-diced, sweet pickles-diced, a splash of pickle juice, onion-diced, a bit of garlic salt or garlic powder, and stir in plain old yellow mustard and Miracle Whip until it looks right. I will make it tonight since it tastes better the next day after the flavors have a chance to marry.  Did you know if you put a teaspoon of baking soda in the water when boil your eggs the shells practically fall off? No egg stuck to the shell.  I have my mom's recipe for baked beans but I will just open a can of Bush's Baked Beans and stick in the oven for a bit with the dinner rolls tomorrow.  Rolls won't be homemade. I love Sister Schubert's dinner rolls.  I buy them frozen in a bag and you can bake just one or two----works for me since I normally eat alone.   And of course, no one with Sister Schubert Rolls, CocaCola, Miracle Whip or Hunt's Barbeque Sauce knows who I am or gave me anything for saying I like their products.  However, if you have never tried Sister Schubert Rolls you are missing out because they are wonderful.  Here is the link for the recipe:
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-coca-cola-barbecue-chicken.html
WELL, IT IS DONE----before I put it in the fridge for the night I tasted it.  This recipe is a bit of a puzzle to me.  I am not sure what I expected.  Not crazy about it. Maybe different strokes for different folks.
I have a lot of broth in the crock pot....
The broth/juice is too watery to serve over mashed potatoes, or put on chicken if serving it on a bun. If you try this recipe please let me know how yours turned out.Monday---I hated it, one daughter ate some but would not take the leftovers home for her family, other daughter said she did not dislike it. We give this recipe zero stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment