Friday, June 6, 2014

That Was A Rude Awakening!

     The tornado sirens went off a little after 1 a.m.  Being a sound sleeper and hard of hearing anyway, I slept through it but my daughter was spending the night with me and she woke me up.  The dogs were sleeping through it too.  Did we grab blankets and get in the bathtub? No.  I opened the front door and looked outside, but shut it quickly because the rain was coming down in buckets.   We turned the TV on and watched the weather.  No tornado touched the ground but several hooks were seen in the sky.  A mile from my son's home a tornado spotter saw a very low hook.  That was too close for comfort considering that is where my 7 month old and 3 year old grandkids live.   My son and d-i-l could barely hear the tornado siren over the noise of the horrible wind, hail and violent rain at their house.  My daughter-in-law told me she woke up when their bed actually shook.    They live 25 minutes from me and my storm wasn't so violent.
    I can use the internet for free at the library and I can get on at my daughter's apartment.  The problem is when I am at my daughter's apartment I have the two youngest grandkids.  The 3 year old wants to push keys and "fix" my laptop, while the 7 month old is crawling really fast and in to everything.  His sister did not crawl until she was 9 months old.  As of today he can pull himself up to stand up and wants to walk so I am sure that won't be too far down the road.  He keeps me super busy. 
     I miss my blogger friends.  I really, really do.  I am going to try to read a few posts real quick!  I probably won't be able to get back on until Tuesday so have a wonderful weekend!  Once I move I will be able to use my daughter's internet any time I want.  My apartment is in the same complex, same building---one floor below and one apartment over.  I was super, super lucky to get a ground floor apartment.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you got the apartment you wanted. Now just keep on avoiding those storms and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some scenes of those storms on the weather channel. I hope you stay out of harm's way. Great news about the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss not hearing from you. Can't wait until you are closer to internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be so much better off if I would get rid of internet at home and only use it at the library. Also I need to get rid of about half of my Dish channels that I never look at. I am wasting money.

    ReplyDelete