Friday, November 7, 2014

A Little Good News...

A slice of my life today...
      Since moving to the apartment and thus needing to walk my dog at least 5 times a day, I have lost 22 lbs in the past 4 months.  Now if it would just keep working until I lose the remaining 50 lbs I would like to lose.  That is my goal by next July.
      While we were out and about this week (buying Little Man a pair of shoes to replace the one I let him lose) my daughter stopped for gas.  It is down to $2.679 here.  Every little bit helps as beef prices and other groceries seem to just keep going up.  Good thing my favorite meal is pinto beans and cornbread.
     One last gift and I will have my Christmas shopping done for this year.  Sweet Pea is excited about the promise of being allowed to help me wrap her cousins' packages next week.
      We have had very nice autumn weather...mid 70's.  However, Monday the high should be 74 but the high on Tuesday only 39.  I am not ready for winter. Really not ready for winter.
     My son in Seattle called this evening.  No matter what kind of mood I am in just getting to have a conversation with him lifts my mood up several notches.  I wish he could come home for Thanksgiving.  My other 3 children and their families will celebrate Thanksgiving with me on the Saturday before.  I am making my grocery list and figuring out how I will fit all 10 of us in my little apartment.  I don't know what my kids have planned but after we eat turkey I plan on them playing dominoes (chicken foot to be exact) with me, after we decorate my little Christmas tree.  Since Little Man just turned one last week I may have to put the little tree in the middle of my dining room table.  
    I received an email that Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood will be performing in Tulsa mid-January.  I momentarily considered splurging on tickets for my daughter and me to go but at $70 a piece, plus hotel, plus a 730 mile round trip jaunt is just too much for me.  OK, fine, the real defining factor (other than money) was who would keep our rotten dogs?  I will be there in spirit though!
     

4 comments:

  1. Garth and Trisha only live about 75 miles from us. People in Owasso see them around town all the time. Hopefully I can go to the concert and then drive home after but still just affording the tickets is a stretch.

    I am so happy about your upcoming Thanksgiving celebration even though early plus I would join you in a second for a fun game of chickenfoot. We will be playing that here as well as WaHoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tickled to death that you will possibly get to go see Garth & Trisha! Wish I could go with you and also wish you were close enough to play Chickenfoot with me! Yep, $70 a person is quite a bit for retirees....maybe Santa will get tickets for you!

      Delete
  2. I have not had Thanksgiving with both my children for years. I am so looking forward to having them here this year!

    ReplyDelete