Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Santa Came Early This Year

 Santa knew just what I wanted.  The best Christmas present I could ever ask for came a little early this year ~~~ a new grandson to love and spoil!  My granddaughter will make sure he loves books as much as the rest of the family.  I need to talk to my son & d-i-l ~~~ their new baby is 5 weeks old and does not have a library card yet!

Santa came early for Andy, Zoe & Gracie as well.  He dropped off three new dog beds. This large one pictured here was for Zoe since she is a big girl, and two smaller ones just like it for Andy & Gracie.  Well, Zoe has claimed a small one and Andy & Gracie both want the big one, preferably alone!  
 



Back in the day (a long time ago) I received many Christmas cards and mailed out quite a few cards.  I absolutely loved getting them in the mail and loved sending them, but like most people I know my budget is strained and cards & stamps are on the extravagant list so I mail very few.  A sad tradition to lose.  Question of the day .... do you mail out many Christmas Cards?

8 comments:

  1. I am a big spender. I mailed 4 cards this year. PO is going to get rich off this old gal! But then I don't know many people to send one to, and sure not going to send them to people that live in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am a big spender too and plan to mail about 4 cards as well.

      Delete
  2. When my daughter was born my son (only 15 months older) did not want anyone to read to her and gathered all the books up for himself.

    My dog Slim would never share her dog bed either. It is my bed and she is not that thrilled with sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I sleep with my three dogs, in the little corner of the bed they allow me to have! I consider my home the dog house and I am just the staff! I was happy to see Taylor reading that book to her brother because before he was born I said something about her sharing her books with her brother when he came and she told me NO! They were HERS!

      Delete
  3. What a nice Christmas gift for you. It is nice that his big sister decided to share. THat is a very sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I'm so blessed to have them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is funny how the dogs picked out their own beds!
    Congrats on the new grandson!
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! Silly tiny dog in the huge bed and Zoe hanging out both ends of the little bed and they seem to be happy!

    ReplyDelete