Monday, September 9, 2013

Aunt Betsy is a Goof Ball!

Well, I feel like a total goof ball!  I had my FIRST comment and what did I do??? Got all excited to have a comment and clicked on the wrong thing and deleted it.  I could not believe I did it. I sure didn't mean to remove the comment, so Tina, if you come back by, honey I am so sorry!  Tina was saying she liked the dahlia.  Let me tell you about it.  I bought an inexpensive dahlia bulb from Walmart and it was suppose to be light pink.  When it bloomed it was actually these lovely purple blooms that pleased me even more than pink!  The first year it had about 15 blooms at a time, all about 4 or 5 inches wide.  One day when I was watering I took my little point and shoot camera and got this photo. It is one of my favorite photos and someday I am going to have it printed and framed. I call it Max's Dahlia because when my little dog, Max Schnauzer, passed we buried him in the back yard and then I put a huge pot on top of his grave and planted the dahlia in it.  Again, can anyone tell me a simple way to put a watermark on a photo to indicate I took it? Please?

2 comments:

  1. :) It is a beautiful picture! An easy way to add a watermark to a digital photo is to use GIMP. You can download it online for free:

    http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

    To make the water mark, just open your photo in GIMP, add a new layer over your image, and either write or paste (if it's an image) your watermark into the new layer. Then adjust the opacity of your watermark until it looks the way you like it. Here's a good tutorial:

    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/gimptutorials/ss/text-watermark.htm

    Have Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Tina, I appreciate your help so much! I am going to attempt the watermark tonight when I have a little more time. And thank you for the nice words about the dahlia. For a point and shoot camera and a photo that I just quickly snapped I thought it came out beautiful as well. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete