Thursday, September 12, 2013

Have You Been Able To Lose Weight In Your 50's?

blogilates:

#truth
Today, wearing jeans, shoes and a t-shirt, I weigh 204 lbs.  When I was 18 I weighed 110 lbs, and I thought I was overweight. Sigh. Yeah, well, that was 41 years and gallons of Blue Bell Ice Cream ago.  My challenge to myself, since I am not a tree (see my first post), is to get up and get moving, and lose at least 25 pounds in the next 12 months.  I have changed my mind about how much I want that 44 oz Coke or heaping bowl of ice cream.  I have changed my mind about how I don't want to exercise. I know it won't be easy, even at just 2 pounds a month, because one of the medications I am on is known for making you gain weight and holding on to every pound for dear life.  Well, I will just have to be strong enough to watch my diet and get myself moving.  I am a little leery of failing yet again because about once a week I tell myself I have to lose weight (usually I tell myself I have to lose 60 lbs in 6 months).  I am real good about staying on the diet guidelines I have given myself ... until I get stressed and then I'm looking for something to eat, or driving to the convenience store for a coke.  I'm going to be 60 in 4 months. I want to be healthier in my 60s than I have been in my 50s so here goes my last try.... update in a month. What changes have you made in order to lose weight?
Go hug somebody,
Aunt Betsy  

No comments:

Post a Comment